- Tuesday 12 August 2014
- 2:30pm GMT (click here to calculate your timezone if you’re not in the UK/Europe)
Make sure you’re following me on Twitter here:
Save this hashtag now: #ppnchat
The will be centred around the word ‘community’.
It can be pretty lonely out there if you’re one of the only Pre/Postnatal Experts in your area. This is where social media can be a Godsend. I often ask advice and seek out others who I can learn from in this way. Community is important so come and build it with us.
Don’t worry if you’re a complete novice when it comes to Twitter.
Follow us, send a Tweet beforehand and we will hold your hand through the process.
This Twitter chat is for ANYONE who works with pregnant or postnatal women, eg Reflexologists, Fertility Experts, Massage Therapists, Baby Yoga Teachers, Physios, Chiropractors, Osteopaths – you name it!
We will be encouraging people to introduce themselves, answer a few community-themed questions to get the conversation flowing and hopefully enable you to connect with others around you in similar fields of study or locality.
A FEW GUIDELINES…
- Every tweet you send must contain the hashtag #ppnchat (otherwise you’ll be just talking to yourself)
- There will be 5 questions on the #ppnchat which will be numbered Q1, Q2, Q3 and so on, as follows:
- Q1 – What products/services do you provide for pre/postnatal women and which city/area are you based? #ppnchat
- Q2 – How important is it for pre/postnatal women to be introduced to other mums-to-be and new mums nowadays? #ppnchat
- Q3 – How do you help your pre/postnatal clients find other women just like them? #ppnchat
- Q4 – Do you find it lonely sometimes working in this specialist field? How do you combat that? #ppnchat
- Q5 – What local businesses do you network with to help promote your products/services? #ppnchat
- When answering a question, please include ‘Q1′ at the beginning, followed by your answer eg Q1 I’m Claire, an Ante/Postnatal Fitness Expert running fitness and Pilates classes for pre/postnatal women in Nottingham
- Tweets must be fewer than 140 characters, so keep things short where
- Twitter’s tagline is ‘Join the Conversation’, so please don’t be shy!
And, there you have it!
If you can’t make the FIRST #ppnchat on Tuesday 12 August 2014, don’t worry – just search the hashtag when you’re next online and connect with those who took part afterwards. It won’t be a waste, I’m sure.
Please help spread the word about #ppnchat on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or via your mailing list.
See you ‘virtually’ on Tuesday at 2:30pm!