Terms and Conditions
1. Length of Contract
(a) In the instance of a taster session, one to one session or one off payment session, the contract period between Pilates with Priya and the client is limited to the length of that sole session, the client remits only for the cost of that class and has no liability for any extended period.
(b) Where a term of classes has been booked the booking is made between Pilates with Priya and the client for that term only, classes are usually weekly but are not limited to this.
(c) Where a monthly DD is in place, this payment will continue until notice is given that the client wants to terminate or the studio gives notice. The notice period is 1 month.
2. Payment for Classes
(a) Payment for sessions will be made 24 hrs before your first session, once payment has been made no refunds will be available, except at the discretion of Pilates with Priya.
(b) Payment for all blocks of classes will be made at the start of that block. If you have agreed to come onto a block of classes and confirmed this via email or by adding your name to the register you are liable to pay, even if you cannot attend at a later date. You may be able to transfer between classes.
(c) Studio members signing up to our DD system do not have to make payment themselves, this is done automatically.
3. Health and Suitability
Ultimate responsibility in assessing the suitability and safety of any class, session or exercise must rest upon the client. Pilates with Priya will endeavour to ensure the client has completed the relevant health questionnaire. If any questions have been answered “yes” the responsibility lies with the client to obtain any necessary professional approval for the suitability of any exercise regime undertaken. It is the responsibility of the client to update and inform Pilates with Priya of any changes in their specific or general health conditions that may or may not effect the
suitability of any exercise regime entered in.
4. Cancellation Policy
(a) The studio operates a strict 24 hour notice of cancellation for taster sessions, one to one sessions and one off payment sessions otherwise full payment will be due.
5. Class Swaps
- All studio members (those who pay for a block of classes or via monthly DD) are entitled to swaps for classes that they are unable to make, if 48 hrs notice is given. The client will be offered 3 options of a swap and if the client is unable to make these or does not show for an agreed swap then the paid for class will be forfeited. Giving as much notice as you can for a swap will mean you are more likely to get a suitable time and class.
- If you are unable to make class on a day for any reason, the studio will try to provide you with a swap but the studio is under no obligation as this is out of the notice period.
- If a class swap is not attended it will not be reallocated.
- Class swaps for our antenatal and postnatal classes operate differently. Swaps are limited due to the number of classes we run so will be allocated to another suitable class.
- Online Classes:
Due to Covid-19 a lot of our classes are online. If you are on the online sessions please do feel free to inform Pilates with Priya of any health conditions but it is your responsibility to check you are safe to exercise with your doctor.
- Please check there is sufficient space to perform the exercises safely and move freely without obstacles or obstructions, free from furniture, equipment and other hazards – a minimum of four square metres per person should suffice.
- Check any equipment used is safe and in a suitable condition for the activity being performed.
- Check the surrounding floor space is entirely clear to remove any hazards that may increase the risk of slips, trips or falls
- Check there are no distractions that may cause you to injure yourself throughout the duration of the session.
- Also that there is sufficient heating, lighting, ventilation and you are hydrated throughout.
As with all fitness and exercise programmes, when using the exercise videos you need to use your common sense. To reduce and avoid injury, you should check with your doctor before beginning any fitness programme, if you have concerns. By performing any fitness exercises without supervision, you are performing them at your own risk. Pilates with Priya will not be responsible or liable for any injury or harm you sustain as a result of these online fitness videos or information shared on our website.