The 6 week course that helps you strengthen, mobilise and connect with your body from the feet upwards, to improve your running performance, reduce your risk of injury and get you running confident that your body is ready.
Or maybe you have had injury after injury and want to work on your strength and technique before running again.
Did you know?
- For women over 35, who run, their most common injuries are foot and ankle related? Working on your feet, legs and glutes is therefore essential.
- Over one quarter of the bones in your body are in your feet, so if they’re not happy, nothing else will be!
- If you’re leaking with running, it may be more important to work on hip mobility rather than isolated pelvic floor ‘clenching’!
This is a six week programme, delivered by your HCR coach that is going to give you a good foundation – literally from the ground up! – to get you back to running. It’s a programme specifically designed for women (because women are DIFFERENT and need bespoke training!)
We’ll cover foot and ankle mobility and strength initially, and over the course, we’ll work together on building resilience in your calves and shins, improving your knees and hips, gain mobility in your spine and pelvis and show you how to put it all together. We’re not guaranteeing you’ll never pick up another running injury but we want to show you how to ‘control your controllables’ when it comes to the most comon injuries women who dun have to deal with.
Week 1: Foot and Ankle mobility and strength for female runners
Week 2: Calves and Shins – self care care for female athletes
Week 3: Building better knees – mastering your ‘kneehab’
Week 4: Hip Strength & Mobility For Female Runners
Week 5: Lumbopelvic Mobility for Female Runners
Week 6: Putting it all together with plyometrics
You can do this course on a 1-1 with me, grab a few friends and we can put on a small course or come join me for the group sessions Monday evenings in November.
Wed 7.30pm Starts Wed 13th Jan 2021
Cost £90 for the 6 weeks including all homework videos and live sessions.
- Do I already have to be a runner? No totally not, you can be at any stage of your running and fitness, this is also suitable for walking.
- I’m an experienced runner could I still benefit? Quite probably! If you want to improve your performance and find strategies to use to help your body then this is 6 weeks well spent.
- What happens after the 6 weeks? The video content will remain available for you to use, so you can revisit it and choose the exercises you need for you.
- 2 tennis sized balls (or Yoga tune up balls)
- 2 yoga blocks (or a stack of books, we do stand on these)
- a medium resistance band
- a soft pilates ball