I love to chat to others, share knowledge, learn more and network – if you do too then you need to come and join the fun! Myself and @ClaireMockridge will be hosting #ppnchat, a chat for those who work in the pre/posnatal field.
- Tuesday 11 November 2014
- 2:30pm GMT (click here to calculate your timezone if you’re not in the UK/Europe)
Make sure you’re following me on Twitter here: @pilateswithpriya
Save this hashtag now: #ppnchat
Our theme this time will be ‘alignment, pain points and posture’.
I know all too well, this a difficult issue for our pre/postnatal clients to deal with.
This Twitter chat is for ANYONE who works with pregnant or postnatal women, eg Reflexologists, Fertility Experts, Massage Therapists, Baby Yoga Teachers, Physios, Chiropractors, Osteopaths – you name it!
I’ll be encouraging people to introduce themselves, answer a few questions to get the conversation flowing and hopefully enable you to connect with others around you in similar fields of study or locality. I’ve met a few others in my local area which has been really nice.
A FEW GUIDELINES…
- Every tweet you send must contain the hashtag #ppnchat (otherwise you’ll be just talking to yourself).
- Sign into twitter and search for the hashtag, or add it as a column in hoot suite/tweetdeck or use an application such as tweetchat (which is what I do).
- There will be 5 questions on the #ppnchat which will be numbered Q1, Q2, Q3 and so on, as follows:
- Q1 – What are the main postural problems you see in your pre/postnatal classes?
- Q2 – What do you think attributes to poor posture during pregnancy/after birth?
- Q3 – What the main pain sites your pre/postnatal clients deal with?
- Q4 – How much do you think the role of alignment plays in your clients’ ability to have a pain-free pregnancy/postnatal recovery?
- Q5 – What impact does posture have on pelvic floor and abdominal separation issues?
- When answering a question, please include ‘A1′ at the beginning, followed by your answer eg A1 Yes, I test all of my postnatal clients for abdominal separation when they come along to my fitness and Pilates classes
- Tweets must be fewer than 140 characters, so keep things short.
- Twitter’s tagline is ‘Join the Conversation’, so please don’t be shy!
If you miss it, don’t worry. We will upload the transcript after the event,
Please help spread the word about #ppnchat on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or via your mailing list.
See you ‘virtually’ on Tuesday 11 November at 2:30pm!